Thursday, September 10

I am......

Hi Folks,

It's quite a while since my last post. Anyway, I'm currently working on a new piece, using my 'oh so old but tried and tested' method of using songs as a method of relaying Monologues or even conversations and thoughts. May be a while, tho, as this weekend I'm outstation, 3 days flying out the window and into the landfill. BBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT, I managed to come up with this. Its entitled 'I Am', which uses common (almost all) occupations (except one), and the values which are (or rather, should be) upheld these occupations. however, each occupation has its own values, therefore the conclusion (Last line). It's not a poem, nor a story, but more of a reflective piece. I don't know if anyone has come up with this, but chances are, they most likely will be different. So here it is, in all its glory, 'I AM".



"I AM"

Who am I?

I am a Priest, giving faith to the faithless and hope to the hopeless,
I am a Teacher, moulding the future into strong, wise and tenacious individuals,
I am a Lawyer, presenting my case for hope of right judgement,
I am an Engineer, Laying a strong foundation before the ascent,
I am a Footballer, dodging and avoiding all that obstruct my goal,
I am a Doctor, Saving people to the best of my ability,
I am a Chemist, combining past methods to produce another,
I am a Jury Member, passing judgement only after listening to the entire story,
I am an Architect, designing the future of mankind,
I am a Mason, Creating the building blocks of creation,
I am a Psychologist, lifting up those who have fallen into despair,
I am a Policeman, protecting the public and upholding the law,
I am a Nurse, caring for all even in the least of sickness and pain,
I am a Fireman, extinguishing the flames of destruction,
I am a Soldier, sacrificing my all for the dignity of my land and comrades,
I am a Pilot, knowing the way to my destination even though I can't see it,
I am an Actor, showing realities and fantasies in my own unique way,
I am a Plumber, looking for the tiny detail that could have made all the difference,
I am a Race Car Driver, controlling my fragile life even though I may lose control,
I am a Sailor, braving the depths to broaden my perspective of the world,
I am a Prospector, searching for treasure where no one would even approach,
I am a Farmer, fueling the entire world by what I sowed and reaped through my own effort,
I am a President, leading my brethren through example in thoughts, words and deeds,
I am a Millionaire, rich in love overflowing with goodness, abounding with mercy.

But MOST OF ALL,

I AM WHO I AM.



Wow, that was long, eh? I keep adding as I go, even as I am posting this. Bottom line is, you'll never know when inspiration will strike you. Same applies to oppurtunities. So when opportunity knocks on the front door, make sure you aren't cleaning in he kitchen. So, please be patient till I finish my 'Project' which i mentioned above. Its MUCH longer than this, so wait for it!

This is William signing off, till next time!

Regards,

TSEnglishPro.

No comments:

Post a Comment